We all have a story. How you choose to share it is all up to you. I started this blogging journey to release any thoughts and share my experiences in hopes to help others. Once I realized I would not be able to go back to work for some time, I had to take my blog more serious. I have been getting so many questions and inquiries on how I started a blog. It has come to my attention that many of you also want to share your journey. I am here to help and encourage you to do it, go for it! I understand how intimidating it can be, and confusing, and I am here to offer you the helping hand I wish I had.
The first step in creating a blog is recognizing what type of blog you want and what is your goal in having this blog. Some people want it just for a hobby, to share their story and pictures. These bloggers, in my opinion do not need to buy a host and open a wordpress account, they can keep it simple. There are websites like Wix. Which are FREE sites that allow you to create content to share with the world as a hobby. But if you are looking to build a profitable blog, or create a side hustle, you have to make a small investment and start blogging professionally the only way you should, through Bluehost.
Bluehost is super affordable! And I don’t know about you but getting the deal I got helped me feel more comfortable in my investment. I didn’t want to spend $50 or even $20 a month on a site. Soooo I got it for $2.95 a month! I received a Free domain, free Wordpress install and 24/7 customer service. Bluehost also offers a full refund within 30 days of purchase. The majority of beginner bloggers start with Bluehost! I felt comfortable with my decision and do not regret it at all. They even gave me the same special discount for my readers! I was so excited for this! It means they trust me and my site, that’s a huge deal.
I am a visual learner so reading through everything multiple times before making a move was exhausting. I wish I had someone show me exactly what to do and the steps to take. So I created a system where I can show you the steps I took. Hopefully the below can help you step by step.
Here is my step-step breakdown:
Click here to go to Bluehost link
Click the big green “Get Started” button
3. Select the Starter Plan
4. Register your domain name- You should get a “Congratulations your domain name is available
5. Provide contact and account information
6. Choose your package- Unclick everything EXCEPT Domain Privacy Protection (I found this so important due to so many hackers) You can always add the rest later on if you want.
7. Wait a few minutes…..Pop-Up should appear…Accept Extra savings (it will only pop up when you use my link)
8. Enter billing information
9. Submit – No need to add any upgrades, you can always come back if you really want them, create your password and login.
10. Pick a theme and start building wordpress. There are many free themes. But I paid for a theme through Theme Forest. The reason being is because I wanted my theme to look like the demo and unless you know coding it could be hard. Through theme forest I was able to pick the theme and use their one-click process, the theme loaded just like the demo in 3 minutes.
Bluehost makes it easy to build and start using WordPress. The black column on the left indicates your on the your wordpress dashboard. This is where all the magic happens., where you will be spending 95% of your time. This is where you write and publish your content, add your images, add your plugins, and customize your site. Once your in you can click “business” or “Personal”-it’s up to you. Or you can just choose “I don’t need help”.
Bonus, don’t forget to set up your professional email, mine is Juny@healthyhumpday.com. Under the Bluehost tab, Just scroll down to email and click Manage and create email!
YAY! All done. Now you work on content, and images and growing your tribe! I hope this post was helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions. Leave me a comment or you can email me and I will be more then willing to answer anything in regards to starting your blog with Bluehost.
UPDATE: For my subscribers, I am willing to set up some one on one time with you through skype (Free). Just shoot me an email to Juny@healthyhumpday.com with the subject heading HELP ME START MY BLOG to schedule a call, I promise it will only take 15 minutes of your time and you will be on your way to a happy blogging journey!